7

8

CLAY BIOGAS BURNER

 


DESCRIPTION:
A simple, economical burner made of clay which is 3 to 4 times cheaper than the conventional metallic burners and equally efficient is evolved by the Centre of Science for Villages, Wardha in Maharashtra.

 

CONSTRUCTION: The Clay Biogas Burner comprises a burning box, an outer jacket and a metallic jet. First two components are made in clay and fired in a pottery oven at 7000C, while the jet is fabricated in a mechanical workshop using mild-steel conduit pipe and steel bar. The burning box and outer jacket are fabricated using wooden mould and potter's wheel, respectively.

 

 

WORKING: The outer jacket is designed to accommodate utensils of variable sizes. The design of the jet helps appropriate mixing of air and hio8as for efficient burning. The burner runs at the flow rate of 8-cubic feet of biogas per hour. One outer jacket contributes about 4% of the total thermal efficiency of the burner, bringing the burner's over-all thermal efficiency around 56% whereas the commercial burners claim to have a thermal efficiency of 60%.

 

SOURCE:
Centre of Science for Villages, Wardha- 442 001,
Maharashtra

 

 

7

8